Friday, December 21, 2012

Comfort

If anything bothered me about India, it would be the Mosquitos. Fortunately, however, nothing bothers me about India.

It's approaching 3 am and the AC in my room on the houseboat just went out. The power is still on, so the crew could probably fix it, but I don't want to wake them. It's muggy in the room. Really muggy. Alas, I can deal. I'm so spoiled. Who needs AC anyway?

I have approximately 20 mosquito bites, many on my feet. Attempting to use positive thinking exercises, such as:

This is a great opportunity to try different types of anti itch creams and sprays!
From this experience, I can learn to remember to spray insect repellent on myself every ten hours as recommended on the bottle.
I am so fortunate to be taking doxycycline to reduce malaria symptoms (because it seems impossible that I have not contracted malaria at this point). There are so many people here who do not have access to malaria medication - who am I to complain?
Yeah, my positive thinking needs some work, but the intense itching passed while I was writing that. Now I need to try to sleep in the muggy, muggy room....
My bed.
Tiny bathroom with shower on the left... Won't be trying that because I don't know where the water comes from.
Lounge area on the front of the boat. The TV seems a bit out of place, but I guess some folks can't live without it!
Goodnight, friends!


1 comment:

  1. I've heard that the less you shower, the less they bother you...just a thought. ;)

    Love reading about your travels. Can't wait to see you to hear more!

    ReplyDelete

Only friendly comments allowed. If you can't say something nice, your problems are bigger than mine.