Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Elephant

Holy. Cow. Today I rode an elephant in the mountains on the way to Munnar. Holy. Cow.

That was going to be my elephant, but he decided to take a lunch break, so I got this sweetheart...
Me, my elephant and her trainer.
I think that is my favorite picture of myself. Ever. I didn't know she was going to raise her trunk. That is legitimate surprise on my face! So cool!

I adored my elephant. He (or she) was gentle and beautiful (in a special elephant sort of way).

Hi to my little cousins Lily and Ivy, the animal lovers! Lily - can you tell if my elephant is a boy or girl? I thought maybe a girl because no tusks? Lily will know.
My mama is going to LOVE these pictures. Wish she was here!

He felt rough, like really harsh leather, with course hair. I found a softer spot behind his ears and scratched it a bit. I think he liked it.

There are more pictures of this and some video I will post later. This was like a dream - one of the very few things I really wanted to do in India. This trip just wouldn't have been complete without it! What a great Christmas gift!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

 

1 comment:

  1. that picture of you with the elephant's trunk raised is AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete

Only friendly comments allowed. If you can't say something nice, your problems are bigger than mine.