Thursday, January 3, 2013

In the Air Again

I'm aboard Air France flight 255, less than 300 km from Paris. They just made an announcement that "international regulations" require them to douse the cabin with insecticide...

The flight attendants then walked up and down the aisles with aerosol cans, spraying toward the ceiling so that it covered all of us and lots of people were coughing. I can still smell the DEET or whatever chemical they just covered this pressurized cabin with.

The whole thing felt a bit offensive. I intend to read these "international regulations" when I get home, or at least see if they exist. At the very least, they should have warned us before boarding - who knows what was in those little black bottles? Is it safe for infants? Asthmatics? Geez. How bizarre. I would have preferred it if they had allowed us to get sprayed once we were off the airplane and had access to fresh air!

I think I'm being discriminated against, along with my fellow passengers, because of the probability that I have malaria. I do not appreciate this.

I guess I'm out of India.

We're about to land. In Paris. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only friendly comments allowed. If you can't say something nice, your problems are bigger than mine.