I'm heading to the Delhi airport tomorrow night to fly to Paris. This month has flown by. I'm sad to leave, but looking forward to the comforts of Europe and seeing my friend Carole and my brother, sister-in-law and nephew in Prague. Tomorrow is New Year's Eve. My flight leaves at 1AM on Jan. 1, 2013, but then I will cross back over four time zones, and back into 2012. When I land in Paris, it will be the morning of 1/1/13 again. How strange is that?!
As for today, I saw one of the Wonders of the World, the Taj Mahal. It was a foggy day, but the Taj was still breathtaking.
A King built the Taj in Agra to honor his wife, who died at the age of 38 during childbirth. The Red Fort of Agra is located a couple of kilometers away; the King died on his balcony that looked out to the Taj. It took 22 years to construct the Taj, and over 20,000 workers put together the marble structure. The most awesome part, in my opinion, is the tiny semi-precious stones inlaid in the marble.
That is not paint behind me - it's gem stones from all over the East and South Africa. They border the entire building.
As for today, I saw one of the Wonders of the World, the Taj Mahal. It was a foggy day, but the Taj was still breathtaking.
A King built the Taj in Agra to honor his wife, who died at the age of 38 during childbirth. The Red Fort of Agra is located a couple of kilometers away; the King died on his balcony that looked out to the Taj. It took 22 years to construct the Taj, and over 20,000 workers put together the marble structure. The most awesome part, in my opinion, is the tiny semi-precious stones inlaid in the marble.
That is not paint behind me - it's gem stones from all over the East and South Africa. They border the entire building.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Only friendly comments allowed. If you can't say something nice, your problems are bigger than mine.