I am so freakin tired but it still feels damn good to be in Paris, even just the airport. The renovations to Terminal K are amazing. I had a coffee, apple juice and yogurt for breakfast, or whatever meal this is.... Waiting at the gate for the flight to Delhi - so exciting! So far, I'm the only non-Indian in the waiting area. Guess I better get used to being a minority. All the Indian women are dressed in pretty layers and wearing head scarves. I'm going to stick out like a sore thumb in my jeans and knit top! I never thought about what it must feel like to wear your traditional attire in a country where everyone else dresses differently.
I love Paris. I'm excited to travel to this new country, but Paris has always felt like home to me. I can't even explain why I love this city so much. I think it is more the feel of the city than any particular aspect of it. I fell in love with Paris before I ever saw the place, when I was just a kid. Now, I've been here more than twenty times and my love for this city has only grown. It is just spectacular. Even the dang airport. It's raining here, but I hope the sun shines a bit when we take off so I can get a nice view. I'll be back here for a few days at the end of my trip. A few days is never enough.
This jet lag is going to be killer. My body clock is already messed up, and I still have several time zones to cross. Ideally, I would stay awake during the flight to Delhi and crash when I get to the hotel around midnight local time. I have a very strong feeling that is not going to happen. I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open now, and the flight doesn't leave for another three hours. Maybe I'll be tired enough that I can still sleep tonight in Delhi; otherwise, I will lose a day to jet lag. I don't want to lose a single day of this trip! I guess if it happens, it happens. That's the nice thing about not having an itinerary. Speaking of, I had intended to plan my itinerary on this flight! Definitely not going to be able to do that now. Maybe I will try to read a bit of my guidebook while I'm waiting.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Only friendly comments allowed. If you can't say something nice, your problems are bigger than mine.